Thursday, March 6, 2014

25 Weeks


Hi all,

It's been about three weeks since my last post, which I guess is because 1.) I've been pretty busy and 2.) not much news in regards to goldfish. But, It's been so nice to just be able to write this as a way of keeping in touch, so please excuse if there really isn't anything too exciting included in this entry:)

One exciting thing though is that I can definitely feel her moving and can also see it from the outside! The first time I saw the little bump pop out totally freaked me out, and I think its the craziest thing that's happened so far. It reminded me of the movie, "Alien" in the way that my skin lifted and rolled. Gallagher wasn't the least bit fazed or weirded out, so I'm guessing most of that feeling came from it being that I was looking at my own stomach and the deep-sinking the realization that something was alive and growing in my belly.

We've also made some progress on the room.  We ended up actually painting the room twice because we decided on a two different colors versus just one color and so we ended up painting the room a really light "sea-pearl" on the top half and lighter sea-foam green on the bottom. I also refinished one of my IKEA dressers by painting it white and Gallagher took a sander to it to give it that aged, weathered look. Came out looking very shabby chic and I was very happy with it.

Oh, and I started a "mermaid" painting, to go along with the underwater theme. It's not the greatest, but I thought it would be a nice thing for her to hang on to.

Last Sunday, Goldfish also got to attend her first official concert and I couldn't think of a more fitting choice, the acoustic tour for "Iron and Wine." It was great and super mellow. We went with some of friends of ours, and I managed to score a stool that I could sit on throughout the event.

Last Saturday, we also attended a cloth diaper class and came away a lot more confused just because of the crazy amount of options. We're not sure if it's a route we're going to take yet. I had read somewhere that it's really only worth it if you can sign up for a "diaper service," which is an agency that picks up your dirty cloths and replaces them with new ones once a week. The cost was still lower than purchasing disposable diapers. But now I'm learning that the agency I found online is no longer in business, so....  the jury is still out on that one. I'm sure he'll get used to it fast, but for Gallagher (who's never changed a diaper), it might not be the best to start with. In a half-joking way, he asked the lady if she knew of a shop vac-type thing that he can use to get rid of the solids.

2 comments:

  1. Love the mermaid painting...that's a keepsake for sure :) Interesting/funny about the diapers. You are looking great!! Thanks for the updates <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love the update and you look great! I love the room colors and the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete